The Service Advisor is the center of communication for service/repair activities and the liaison between customers and the technicians. Serving as the primary point-of-contact for all automotive service and repair matters, the Service Advisor must listen and thoroughly understand customer problems, arrange for appropriate service/repairs, and set/manage expectations on the part of the customers and the technicians in terms of service delivery. He or she makes sure the customer knows what repairs are needed and what repairs and maintenance are recommended. No one wants to have to bring their car in, but our Advisors ensure the customer is satisfied that the vehicle will be repaired right the first time and in the shortest time possible.
The ideal candidate has a high school diploma or GED, some post-secondary automotive training or experience, at least one year of dealer-level or large facility experience, an unrestricted driver's license and a clean driving record, and a strong technical and customer service performance record. ASE certification a plus. He or she must be able to work productively in a fast-paced team environment and must have a positive attitude, professional appearance, great communication skills, and the ability to deliver world class customer service.
- Schedules service for customers either in person or on the phone to ensure a prompt and accurate diagnosis of any problems
- Makes repair recommendations and manages delivery of repairs by setting and managing customer expectations
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- Complies with and enforces all safety policies and procedures
- Attends all staff meetings, trainings, and educational classes as required
- Helps educate/train new staff members
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Post-secondary automotive training or equivalent work experience
- One year of dealer-level or large facility experience preferred
- ASE certification (or is willing to obtain certification)
- Broad scope of automotive mechanical/electrical knowledge
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with customers, vendors, and staff
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record
- Able to drive both automatic and standard-transmission vehicles
- Basic computer and internet skills
Founded in 1986, Five Star Automotive Group has matured into an enterprise with over 800 million dollars in annual revenue. Today, Five Star employs over 1,100 professionals in 4 states representing 17 of the world's top automotive brands. We are involved with every aspect of the retail automotive industry, working on the cutting-edge of technology to maintain leadership. We focus on developing and escalating the brightest stars to ensure future success.
We are always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and growth potential! If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
The Five Star Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Location/Region: Lenoir City, TN (US)