As a Training & Development Specialist, you are responsible for content creation using industry standard content creation methods, for both internal and external clients. Content to be created will include, but is not limited to Instructor-led Training (ILT), E-Learning, Reference Tools, and User Guides. In addition, the Training Specialist is responsible for facilitating ILT and evaluating and all learning experiences.
- Works closely with department leaders to conduct needs analysis for each training request.
- Develops effective learning objectives that address the needs uncovered in the needs analysis.
- Closely partner with Product Management and other Subject Matter Experts (SME) within the organization to design and develop learning experiences that most effectively support the learning objectives.
- Augments and refines learning experiences based on consistent evaluations.
- Leads ILT, engaging adult learners and their multiple learning styles both in-person and remote classrooms.
- Prepares for the ILT experience by prepping room and ensuring materials are available.
- Evaluate learner’s reaction to learning experience.
- Evaluate the transfer of learning.
- Evaluate learner’s behavior change.
Learning Management System (LMS) Administration:
- Creates learning tracks within the LMS to support curricula developed.
- Manages the enrollment and completion status of training activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in content creation and facilitation
- Experience with content creation software
- Experience with ADDIE and SAM methodology for content creation
- Experience with Kirkpatrick’s Model for evaluation
- Understanding of The Adult Learning Theory
- Experience with Camtasia and Captivate
- Experience in remote classroom facilitation
- Experience with an LMS
Environment, Physical & Other Requirements:
This position requires interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers on the phone, face-to-face, or on the computer, all employees must be able to communicate with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time (position is primarily sedentary), must have acute hearing ability, must be able to speak English and must have the ability to perform repetitive hand motions.
PerfectServe is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
PerfectServe, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer -----M/F/D/V.
Software company that provides healthcare’s most intelligent solution for clinical communications.