Culinary Operations Manager
Rel Maples Institute for Culinary Arts
Reports to: Culinary Arts Director
This position is located at the Walters State Sevier County Campus
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage 3 bistro classes per semester.
· Create manageable and appealing menus and specials.
· Create and execute daily assignments to expedite workflow in a restaurant operation emphasizing management details and learning opportunities.
· Train and supervise students.
· Maintain par inventory on food items and supplies.
· Place weekly food order.
· Determine the correct menu prices.
· Calculate daily, weekly and monthly food cost per item and as a whole.
· Customer Service - Greet and talk with customers, obtain feedback on menu and service.
· Assist with food production to maintain high quality product and service.
· Maintain and support the safety and sanitation policies and guidelines of department.
· Coordinate on-site and off-site catering/class-driven events for culinary arts department.
o Plan events through meetings with clients
o Assist with event management software to reserve space and log detailed requests
o Coordinate any special event needs to key stakeholders inclusively (adjunct faculty, maintenance, hot food kitchen and baking kitchen)
o Create and administer student event registration and track service hours
o Direct students for set-up and tear-down of event space
o Monitor dining room activities during the event
o Provide assistance with food preparation, service, and kitchen clean up.
· Manage all special event operations outside of the normal activities (examples: 4H Chef Camp, Culinary Graduations and Orientations)
· Perform academic advising for students majoring in Culinary Arts/Business at the Sevier County campus.
· Assist with recruitment activities.
· Primary club adviser for the Culinarians Guild
· Maintenance of online inventory management systems as provided by primary food distributor
· Coordination of timely placement of all food orders (for all full time and adjunct faculty)
· Management of the equipment training processes and tracking sheets for students
· Oversight of preventative maintenance programs for all equipment in both kitchens in concert with the maintenance staff
· Monitor and maintain American Culinary Federation (ACF) accreditation standards for the Culinary Arts program to include completion of annual reports and accreditation paperwork, as needed. Participate in semi-annual advisory board meetings.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by the Culinary Arts Director.
· Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts and/or a foodservice/science related discipline.
· Must hold a valid National Restaurant Association ServSafe Certification.
· Experience in training and supervising foodservice individuals or small groups.
· Experience in planning meetings, catered and special events.
· Experience with the operation and reporting functions of Point of Sale Systems and Catering/Space/Event Management Software.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts and/or a foodservice/science related discipline.
Location/Region: Sevierville, TN