The Product Line Manager serves as the single point of influence for the assigned product line for achieving quality, profit and growth targets for a line(s) of business. You will have numerous opportunities to influence other departments both in and out of Carrier Relations as well as leaders throughout the organization on the line strategy. This position is in the Carrier Relations group with a focus on developing transformative product features positioned to capture target customer segments.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Participate on teams, gather relevant facts and organize work effort in support of strategies to ensure the integration and execution of product, pricing and risk management for countrywide usage
- Independently manage / perform unique work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes or channels and navigate obstacles to deliver the work product
- Apply advanced level of business knowledge to execute strategies which may include new distribution channel initiatives, standard methodologies and new products and services
- Effectively perform analysis (e.g. competitor, product, market, risk management, financial) to understand the business opportunity
- Support innovations in all aspects of the product development lifecycle
- Uses experience, innovation and judgment to decide a course of action, sometimes based on partial information
- Utilize a breadth of knowledge to identify and frame issues and implications on operational parameters to get new products/projects implemented
- Develop business recommendations, present and communicate finding to various level of senior leaders
- Advanced product, price, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of personal lines rate plans and product offerings
- Utilizes experience and discernment to make decisions
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong dedication and accountability for achieving results
- Knowledge about business in general, knowledge of industry and company economics;
- Ability to understand business tactics to support changing business strategies and direction;
- Collaborates to implement decisions and / or initiatives in an integrated manner
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Consistently achieves superior results
- Ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff, both written and verbal
- Prior P&C Insurance industry experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in high volume P&C Agency / Carrier in comparable role a plus
- Prior external relationship management experience a plus
We offer you a competitive salary, day one health benefits, company matched 401(k), generous paid time off, community volunteer activities, and much more!
Answer Financial is an equal opportunity employer.
Answer Financial is one of the largest auto & home insurance agencies in the U.S., with over 3.4 million vehicles and homes insured and is part of The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL), the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Insurance shoppers in all 50 states can compare insurance prices from some of the more than 20 top-rated insurers that Answer Financial represents. We make it easy to buy insurance online or over the phone with assistance from one of our US-based licensed insurance experts. Our offered products include: auto insurance, homeowners insurance, condo insurance, renters insurance, motorcycle insurance, RV insurance & boat insurance.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)