The Homeland Defense and Security Information Analysis Center (HDIAC) seeks a deadline-driven, proactive professional to serve as an editor. The editor will join the publications team and will be responsible for reviewing all customer-facing and internal publications before they leave the Center.
The editor will be responsible for:
- Working with the HDIAC Director, Deputy Director, team members, researchers and clients
- Managing day-to-day, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual publications deadlines
- Editing HDIAC publications and deliverables
- Writing and/or editing weekly and quarterly reports
- Editing client/customer deliverables and reports
- Reporting progress, developments, and engagements directly to the Deputy Director
- Sourcing potential authors and ensuring adherence to publication guidelines and submission deadlines
- Ensuring adherence to AP and APA Style
- Occasionally writing original content
- Other duties as required
HDIAC is a Department of Defense (DoD) organization responsible for helping the government solve its toughest scientific and technical problems. HDIAC provides information to and collaborates with various communities across the depth and breadth of its focus areas. Additionally, HDIAC maintains an extensive database of scientific and technical information and provides original analysis to DoD organizations, including federal, state, and local governments, as well as academia and industry.
HDIAC’s focus areas include:
- Alternative Energy
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense
- Cultural Studies
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Homeland Defense and Security
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, technical communication, or similar field
- Proficiency in interpersonal and professional communication
- Experience writing and authoring professional deliverables
- Experience in technical writing and editing
- Experience in a detail-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in AP and APA Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Experience in Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop
- Publications experience within military/DoD/government environment
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
IIa works in classified and unclassified environments to provide system administration, network operations, software and application development, social media/mobile technologies, information security, storage, service desk and desktop support, and data center operations. IIa partners with the U.S. Departments of Energy, Defense, and Commerce; the Nuclear Regulatory Commission; and others to provide cost-effective IT solutions in rapidly changing environments.
IIa works across the information life cycle to provide information and knowledge capture, description, organization, and dissemination services, quality assurance, work flow design, and integration with content management and portal technologies. Through innovative and strategic thinking, IIa supports the Environmental Protection Agency, the Federal Scientific and Technical Information Manager’s Group (CENDI), the DOE Office of Scientific and Technical Information, and others to examine, curate, and turn insights into knowledge that is integral to their future success.
IIa leverages a global network of subject matter experts to locate key information and provide analytical support for addressing critical emerging needs. We provide all-source intelligence analysis, open source research, training, database development, policy and strategy development, in-country research, language services, and assessments to help government entities find scientific and technical solutions that strengthen the nation’s security and competitiveness. Our customers include the Department of Homeland Security, the Marine Corps Intelligence Agency, and others.
Location/Region: Oak Ridge, TN (US)