Our journey began on the spiritual island of Bali, where we discovered a true reverence for the healing arts. In Bali, this knowledge is passed down from generation to generation, from mother to daughter, from father to son, and as such is deeply entwined in the Balinese way of life. Combining this rich knowledge and spirit of generosity with European techniques, Mandara offers each guest the ultimate luxuriously healing experience.
Today, Mandara Spas can be found in diverse locations around the world. Every Mandara Spa experience is completely unique, because we honor the diversity of the culture we are immersed in as well as the Balinese traditions from our past. It is our promise that while no two Mandara Spas are identical, you will recognize us from our commitment to your ultimate satisfaction, our belief in the healing arts and the spirit of generosity from which we perform your service. Namaste.
The Senior Concierge is to provide the highest level of service excellence to ensure an atmosphere of rest and relaxation for our guests, resulting in increased total revenue through repeat guest visits, upgraded and multiple services, and increased retail sales through each guest receiving a lifestyle homecare program.
Senior Concierge Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Liaison with all concierge and spa attendants to ensure maximum service excellence and revenue generation with every guest.
- Assist in implementing the highest service excellence, to ensure spa is a market leader.
- Maintain the security of stock within given work area during every shift.
- Ensure to implement of Brand Standards of service excellence is adhere to by every concierge.
- Participate in the success of spa promotions at all times, encouraging proper PR for spa.
- Monitor spa using a critical eye and ear to assure standards are met and troubleshoot to ensure marginal problems are resolved; continuously conduct a walkthrough of the spa throughout the day, report any facility issues.
- Review and respond to inquiries via email inbox, VM, and office mailbox in a timely manner.
- Communicate with Facilities Manager or Spa Regional Head regarding condition of physical site and repair needs.
- Portray a positive attitude at all times to be perceived by peers and subordinates as professional and upbeat.
- Comply with any other reasonable tasks that are requested by Management.
- Responsible at Front Desk to consistently deliver brand standards in customer service (paying close attention to verbiage, body language, and non-verbal communication).
- Resolve guest service issues with clients to ensure they are handled within policy and procedure guidelines and with a minimal loss of revenue.
- Book and confirm appointments, greet guests, provide tours, beverages and check in and out guests.
- Up-sell, cross-sell and pre-sell services and products.
- Ensure staff greet or acknowledge all guests within 10 seconds of their arrival at in the Spa or answer the telephone within 3 rings. Staff should initiate the greeting with a sincere smile, charming, helpful and enthusiastic attitude, imbuing a sense of warmth and offering guests a stellar level of service guest per Brand Standards.
- Ensure that staff appearance is within brand standards to include uniforms, name tags, hair and make-up create a positive first impression.
- Ensure all guest challenges are documented in the MOD Log at the end of each shift.
- Work closely with Spa Director to communicate spa goals and objectives, policies and procedures, prices and relevant information to staff.
- Serve as an active member of Front Desk team, to ensure full coverage in the department at all times.
- Report all absences and lateness of staff to the Spa Director. (HR Manager if you work in resorts)
- Serves as a hands on effective role model by all Concierges, assist and provide continuous training of all Concierge staff.
- Ensures that staff follows Medical Waiver and Medical Questionnaires Standard Operating Procedure.
- Ensures all prescription cards are completed correctly per Brand protocol and advises Spa Director as appropriate if protocols are not adhered to.
- Ensures that staff follows Medical Waiver and Medical Questionnaires Standard Operating Procedure, as well as safe deposit waivers.
- Ensure all retail displays are well stocked and represent the Brand appropriately.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of all menu and retail items.
- Direct client flow at the front desk, check-in & check out.
- Stay abreast on current trends and keep staff current and informed on industry news and events. (i.e.: special events, VIP’s, group bookings)
- Be knowledgeable and well versed in all hotel and spa promotions and packages.
- Ensures cash handling policy is followed and adhered to per the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Communicate all daily, weekly & monthly goals and retail promotions to the concierge team.
- Track hourly sales to ensure the team is meeting its retail penetration goal
- Ensure concierge team maintains data integrity by utilizing the correct Skus, prices and discount in POS
- Experience: (Type of work experience, min. number of years):
Preferred 6 months experience working with a Point of Sale system (i.e. Book4Time experience desirable) and answering phones in a customer service facing environment, retail a plus. Internal: The ideal candidate would have preferred six (6) months experience in a bliss/Mandara/Elemis Concierge role.
- Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- Computer literate with good keyboarding skills.
- Microsoft Office experience: word, excel
- Able to check and respond to emails.
- Able to operate basic business machines(i.e. calculator, fax, printer, scanner, copier)
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Required Skills and Abilities and/or:
- High personal standards and values.
- Self- motivated. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to encourage a positive and focused team at all times.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrate pleasant and appropriate phone etiquette.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound follow-through, effective time management with sense of urgency and prioritization to complete all tasks and projects. Delegate and follow-up.
- Responsible, dependable.
- Excellent client care, service excellence and attention to detail.
- Flexible and cooperative.
Competitive Benefits Package offer to Full-time employees (401K, Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, Vision, etc).