SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Electrical/Firmware Engineer position with ProNova Solutions has technical expertise in the area of electrical engineering and firmware programming. This position works closely with other members of the electrical engineering team to design, test, install, and maintain complex electrical/electronic equipment for use in a proton therapy system.
- Expertise in the following technology areas:
- Small current detection/Small signal analysis
- Analog design techniques for sensitive signals
- High speed electronics
- Embedded firmware, programmable logic
- Instrumentation and Control systems
- Leadership role in new design development
- Develop and maintains functional and schematic documentation
- Accurately documents design and tests
- Project management
- Product improvement
- Factory and field support
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5+ years of electrical design experience preferred.
- Ability to clearly present and document ideas
- Essential skills:
- Analog / Digital design knowledge
- Embedded programming
- FPGA – VHDL or Verilog
- Embedded Controllers – C or C++
- Preferred skills:
- LabView (cRIO; Real Time; FPGA)
- Printed Circuit design tools (i.e. Altium; OrCad)
- Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Visio; Outlook)
ProNova is redefining the future of cancer treatment by delivering a lower-cost, smaller, lighter and more energy efficient proton therapy solution without sacrificing today's most important clinical capabilities. With more than 1.6 million people to be diagnosed with cancer this year, 320,000 of whom will be potential candidates for proton therapy, a low-cost treatment option is needed. Introducing the ProNova SC360, a no-compromise proton therapy solution that will make proton therapy more accessible to patients and physicians.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)