JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The responsibilities include managing all aspects of Team Health and affiliate multi-state payroll functions to ensure processing is accurate, timely and in compliance with GAAP, federal, state and local regulations; manages the payroll department employees and all related supervisory activities including integration of affiliate payroll department activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Payroll Department staff, this includes but is not limited to: hiring, training, motivating, assigning/delegating work, performance evaluations, discipline, termination, and other related supervisory activities to ensure the preparation and distribution of the company’s payroll meets established schedules.
- Maintains current knowledge and be in compliance with global changes regarding payroll administration, federal/state laws, wage/hour laws, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of Payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR/ Benefits, Information Technology and other related departments to ensure effective accounting support and optimized process improvement.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures and issues through meetings, reports and other communications.
- Manages and oversees the:
- accurate and timely processing of payroll;
- calculation and timely payment of tax deposits and other payroll withholdings;
- payroll, tax, and other state and federal reporting;
- set up and maintenance of employee payroll information in both the information and file systems in accordance with FSLA and EEO guidelines; and
- year-end processing W-2’s and related tax returns, including related federal reporting.
- Identifies and trouble-shoots problems within the Human Resources/Payroll information systems, initiates follow-up to ensure appropriate corrections are made.
- Oversees the transition/implementation for new acquisitions to the Team Health payroll system(s) including payroll software, timekeeping software, etc.
- Oversees applications for withholding, unemployment, and other applicable accounts for Team Health and its affiliated companies when entering new states of business.
- Responsible for special projects or assignments.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)