General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelines
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee planning, development, construction, and maintenance of web pages for the college’s Intranet/Internet websites
- Oversee editing, updating, and development of all new and existing web pages on the Northeast State websites.
- Work collaboratively with administration, staff, and faculty to assist in designing and posting information.
- Work with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, and developers to ensure that the sites meet both customer and college needs.
- Assist in developing campus website policy and procedures, and ensure that all information posted on the websites follows the institution’s policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the websites are working correctly and that all links are active.
- Provide user training and resources to assist internal users.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervision.
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education - Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline with at least 1 year of experience in website development/programming, or an Associate's degree in computer science or a related discipline with at least 2 years of experience in website development/programming.*
- Technology Skills: MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Access; digital records management systems; general operating systems and data information systems
*All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution to be considered as qualified.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of large-scale Content Management Systems (CMS), such as Ektron.
- Experience in web programming using .NET, HTML, XHTML.
- Knowledge of theory and concepts employed in electronic data processing
- Must be reliable, punctual, and dependable
Compensation: $43,434-$54,293 annual salary dependent on education and experience.
Contract Type: Full-time, Regular
Location of Position: Northeast State,
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
Location/Region: Blountville, TN