The Software Engineer for Android is part of a mobile team developing features for new and existing Android apps. This engineer is responsible for code delivery in a timely and accurate fashion. The successful candidate will collaborate and communicate with other developers to build efficient technical solutions.
As a Software Engineer for Android, you will be responsible for implementing user stories on time with high quality as well as following an agile development lifecycle.
Additional responsibilities of the Software Engineer for Android include:
- Writing code to industry standards, implementing best practices
- Participate in Release/Iteration planning
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies and activities and be accountable for the sprint deliverable
- Analyzing requirements for completeness
- Developing, designing, and documenting based on business requirements
- Working with the Product Owner to bring a technical view when dividing projects into user stories and development tasks
- Review code for testability, supportability and adhering to standards
Team-oriented Software Engineer who can collaborate with business and QA staff on projects. Must be technically strong in Java and/or Kotlin. Objective C and/or Swift a plus. Knowledge of object oriented development, design patterns, and best practices. Good problem solving abilities, analytical skills, and the ability to deliver solutions.
- 3+ years of experience developing and debugging Android apps
- Experience using Android Studio
- Experience in Unit Tests, Integration Tests, UI Test and Automation Tests
- Experience with the Android command line tools and Android Studio
- Familiarity with mobile emulators/simulators
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with Source Control, especially Git
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education
- Ability to follow C# and/or Objective-C and/or Swift
- Experience with XCode and/or Visual Studio
- Experience with MS SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience with Service-oriented architecture including REST
- Domain Driven Design
- Experience in using JSON & XML
- Experience with automated deployment and continuous integration systems
- Comfortable working with collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams
Environment, Physical & Other Requirements:
This position requires interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers on the phone, face-to-face, or on the computer, all employees must be able to communicate with or without reasonable accommodation.
Depending on the assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 - 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
PerfectServe is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
PerfectServe, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer -----M/F/D/V.
Software company that provides healthcare’s most intelligent solution for clinical communications.