Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time temporary Access Aide (Instruction & Classroom Support Tech 1) for the Disability Support Services Department. This position will work in the culinary program during Fall Quarter 2018. This position will work approximately 16 hours per week during the academic quarter. Salary is $16.29/hour.Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply.
Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College's Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
• Assist a student with access in an industrial kitchen environment.
• Assist with access as the student is doing their vocational training activities; such as moving kitchen equipment around for them, etc.
• Assist, when needed, in students routine clean-up duties such as maneuvering items into the industrial dishwasher.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Current WA State Food Worker Card, or the ability to obtain one upon hire.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability follow detailed verbal directions.
• Ability to safely lift, carry, push or pull weight up to 50lbs.Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience working in an industrial kitchen environment.
• Experience/knowledge/education in relation to working with individuals with disabilities.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Clark College online application
• Cover letter
• Current résumé Application Deadline: Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., August 31, 2018. To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105. DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College's Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355. SECURITY
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work. CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office. Clark College Human ResourcesAugust 7, 201818-00096
Location/Region: Vancouver, WA (US - 98663)