Achieves branch growth and profitability goals by effectively cultivating new and maintaining existing consumer and business relationships. Coaches branch staff on ways to increase sales and provide high quality member service. Is responsible and accountable for branch operations, satisfactory audits, staffing, supervision, performance management, training, security, problem-resolution, communication, generating branch business, and managing the branch's sales and service activities while meeting established goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively solicits and develops personal and business relationships for the purpose of improving and expanding credit union membership. Works directly with members and small businesses to promote overall level of business. Cultivates and maintains relationships with current and potential business owners and their staff, including identifying and servicing financial needs.
- Examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of borrower's applications for credit or extension of lines of credit, consumer credit loans and credit card accounts. Processes loans in accordance with sound underwriting practices as set out in policy and procedure.
- Coaches and mentors branch staff in establishing a sales and service process that creates and supports a proactive selling environment. Responsible for establishing branch goals, analyzing accomplishments, and ensuring day-to-day activities are consistent with the credit union's overall goals. Ensure that effective weekly sales meetings and observations are being conducted with staff.
- Maintains a level of community involvement to ensure a positive presence for the credit union and to create an environment of continued growth in all areas of the operation.
- Reviews operations of competing organizations and works with VP Marketing to develop new marketing opportunities.
- Reviews processes related to depositing, lending, and transaction accounts as well as product quality, and modifies production and service delivery control to maintain and enhance profitable operation of branch.
- Manages the deposit, lending and member services functions in accordance with established policies, principles, and procedures.
- Evaluates work of employees, supervises and/or conducts performance appraisals, recommends promotions, reassignments, the hiring of new employees, and related personnel functions. Provides training and assistance to employees to ensure efficient and effective delivery of member services.
- Ensures that the branch image is favorable, reflecting a sound and secure financial institution that employs prudent housekeeping procedures, safety measures, and provides a pleasant atmosphere for members, including privacy, confidentiality, and ease of use.
- Abides by the Service Standards established by the credit union.
Manages branch employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the branch. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; delegating, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The branch manager is expected to attain branch goals in savings, lending, account relationships, transactions, and profitability. Productivity standards are determined from time to time to reflect the traffic, volume and market opportunities for the branch. Consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism and leadership ability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from fouryear college or university in a related field; and at least two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in business lending is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Notary Public license, ability to be licensed with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System, certification for Medallion STAMP program.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to operate a personal computer to access the credit union's accounting system and member account information. Basic input, output, error correction, general ledger account structure knowledge essential to be able to perform the job. Ability to operate a personal computer to perform simple accounting tasks. Some spreadsheet application knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.