JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Data Engineer will use smart technology to empower TeamHealth stakeholders enterprise-wide to make the best decisions based on timely, accurate and actionable information. Must enjoy working with SQL and Big Data Technologies. The Data Engineer will have the chance to work with the best data and massively parallel processing databases to speed analyses, with broad exposure to the workings of TeamHealth and critical thinking to tackle complex challenges. When other teams need to know about providers, productivity, performance, or other data insights, they count on our Data & Analytics team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Part of a progressive, technology-focused team that is dedicated to identifying and delivering solutions to our customers and employees with smart technology and teamwork;
- Embody our company values along with Agile and lean software development principles;
- Proactively engage in both internal and external learning opportunities;
- Responsibility for the full development life cycle of the solution, including detailed design, code development, code reviews, unit testing, build/test support, data quality monitors, deployment activities and post-deployment support;
- Build great leadership skills by managing and optimizing the EDA team ETLs along with analytic operations: job-stream definition and management, parameters, scheduling, monitoring, communication and alerting;
- Juggle multiple project timelines simultaneously and estimate development duration and effort for all projects;
- Communicate openly and candidly with your Team Leader and other teammates verbally and written;
- Viewed as a mentor by others in and outside the team for technical solutions;
- Hands on with Big Data management activities including acquisition, ingestion, transformation, and data quality.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)