Responsible for jobsite safety and safety training as they relate to AGC (Associated General Contractors) members and non-members. Duties include, but are not limited to, visiting member firm’s offices and jobsites throughout their assigned region, maintaining effective working relationships with firm principals and jobsite supervisory personnel; providing counsel on issues and problems regarding State and Federal administrative rules and regulations; conducting training for AGC member and non-member firms and employees.
- Develop specific plans to control loss of assigned member firms. Present plan to management securing their commitment for implementation and follows up with evaluation for effectiveness.
- Prepares risk evaluation reports which outlines the risk controls in place, controls needed and opinions of acceptability from a loss prevention standpoint.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding Tennessee OSHA, Federal OSHA and other applicable standards.
- Conducts visits to a variety of construction jobsite environments under varied weather and temperature conditions, requires walking over uneven terrain and around physical obstacles, climbing temporary ramps and ladders. Activities conducted under sometimes extreme and varied lighting and noise conditions.
- Conducts training programs for member and non-member firms and employees on safety procedures and regulatory issues and standards.
Other Functions: Other duties as assigned. May require limited travel.
Required Skills, Abilities, Knowledge, Required licenses & Certificates:
College Graduate in Safety, Occupational Health, Engineering or related field. Extensive knowledge of specific Tennessee OSHA and Federal safety rules, requirements and regulations, working familiarity with general construction procedures, knowledge of workers compensation insurance issues. Ability to translate loss control principles into action plans, demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Must have experience working effectively in a “field” environment. Basic computer skills and ability to generate routine reports. Must have a current driver’s license and a clean driving record. Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction safety. Certified to instructor CPR / First Aid, has completed the OSHA 500 training within the last 3 years. Comfortable conducting a wide variety of safety training.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US - 37909)