Job Summary: Under the direction of the Community Manager, performs service duties and
supervises and coordinates activities of workers to ensure that all upkeep, inventory and repair of
grounds and buildings of the property are completed in an efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following but are not limited to those listed.
Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed
necessary by Brookside.
• Operating the property within the financial guidelines, i.e. the budget, established by the
Regional Community Manager and the Owner.
• Responsible for interviewing, screening, and recommending for any potential service, custodial
or grounds personnel.
• Responsible for the subsequent training of all service, grounds and custodial personnel.
• Responsible for the research and evaluation of all current and potential products used in the
maintenance and upkeep of the property.
• Specifically responsible for the inventory, ordering and delivery of all necessary supplies and
equipment for the service, custodial and grounds departments under the direction and with the
approval of the Community Manager.
• Assisting in the disciplinary or promotional recommendations required for all service, custodial
and grounds personnel.
• Responsible for ensuring a professional (uniformed, when applicable, including the employee
ID badge) appearance and attitude at all times for yourself and all service, custodial and grounds
• Responsible for the thorough knowledge, implementation and enforcement of all policies and
procedures of Brookside; insuring through constant supervision and review that all service,
custodial and grounds personnel are operating within those regulations.
• Responsible for the scheduling and direct supervision of all in-house and/or vendor work.
• Responsible for timely response to service requests, make-readies, etc.
• Responsible for scheduling and performing preventative maintenance.
• Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all tools and equipment required by Brookside
• Responsible for ensuring that all service, custodial and grounds personnel operate within
OSHA and EPA standards as well as following all Fair Housing regulations.
• Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property
• Responsible for reporting any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents
or the property.
• Must be available/on call in emergency situations.
The Lead Service Manager will be directly supervising one or more employees in the service
department. Will include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
• A high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. One to six months
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Candidate must be able to apply common sense understanding in certain situations. Must have
ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to compute rate, ratio and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Basic computer skills are required including the knowledge of how to recognize and operate a
mouse and keyboard.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and document incidents is
essential. Ability to speak effectively to residents, employees and vendors.
• While performing this job, the employee is required to walk frequently and regularly and be
exposed to outside weather conditions. The employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to
25 pounds, and on rare occasions, move over 100 pounds.
• The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious
places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electric shock.
• Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) certification is strongly suggested for this
Must be available to work holidays and weekends as business dictates
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
We are a full-service real estate company engaged in the business of managing, leasing, selling, purchasing and developing commercial and multifamily properties. We are headquartered in Nashville, TN. Today, we manage and/or lease more than 80 multifamily properties comprised of over 13,000 units located in seven states. We employ 400+ professionals to provide our clients with superlative, comprehensive real estate services. We are a growing company with opportunities for advancement for the right person.