Would you like to work with a phenomenal team focused on creating an outstanding experience for customers? Are you good at identifying inconsistencies and flaws? Would you like to apply your skills to deliver excellent products that make someone’s life better?
MomSource Network is recruiting for Software QA Engineer in the Knoxville, TN area. This is a direct hire position with a woman-owned small business that partners with private and government organizations on exciting and growing projects. The work environment is team-oriented and employee friendly. You will join a high-performing team that has been recognized with awards from the Project Management Institute, the National Defense Industrial Association Award for Excellence in Enterprise Information, and the National Nuclear Security Administration.
The ideal candidate will be a talented software developer/tester with a passion for excellence to play a key role in ensuring that applications truly solve complex business problems. In this full-time position, you will be responsible for developing test plans, designing and implementing tests, executing test scripts, and performing regression and integration tests. The position requires proficiency with a variety of testing techniques, solid understanding of software development, superior communication skills, and direct experience in software testing under an Agile methodology.
Expectations are high, the work is interesting and varied, and the team environment is invigorating. Compensation for the position is $75,000 - $95,000 per year depending on background and experience. Benefits include health insurance, PTO, paid holidays and 401k with employer match (eligible after 1 year of employment).
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with software design, development, and testing
- Proven experience performing software testing in an Agile environment, including developing test plans and test scripts, executing tests, defect reporting and resolution
- Direct experience with a variety of software testing techniques
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and Curious: Ability and desire to independently learn and actively seek new skills
- Passionate about product quality, strong sense of ownership, good teammate, excellent work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in English
- Intermediate to advanced skill in SQL
- Plus: Experience in developing automated tests with a working knowledge of Java and Selenium (or other web automation testing tool)
- Plus: Scripting skills in at least one common language (e.g., Python, Perl)
- Plus: Experience with object-oriented programming (Java, C and/or C++ preferred)
- Plus: Experience developing and/or testing mobile applications
- Must be able to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
This client utilizes E-Verify.
Job Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Ensuring software has been efficiently and effectively assessed and verified prior to production release
- Taking responsibility for all testing-related activities in an Agile development environment
- Developing test basis and design effective test plans
- Creating test scripts and test suites for comprehensive test coverage
- Conducting testing, clearly and precisely reporting findings, and supporting timely resolution of defects
- Working closely with the product owner, developers, and stakeholders to define and clarify requirements
Woman-owned small business that partners with private and government organizations on exciting and growing projects. The work environment is team-oriented and employee friendly.
Expectations are high, the work is interesting and varied, and the team environment is invigorating.