Project Controls Specialist Snapshot:
The primary effort of the Project Controls Specialist is to work with our clients and project delivery team by developing cost and schedule baselines; collecting and analyzing weekly cost and schedule progress; identifying and assisting in analyzing project variances; ensuring risk reserves are updated and integrated into project financial forecasts; and managing and reporting this information to appropriate levels in standard formats. Supports the implementation of financial controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques. Interfaces with members of the project teams and various levels of management. The PCS will handle multiple projects, work independently, provide oversight when project lead and provide mentoring to junior staff. The PCS will be able to execute assigned work within budgets on all work they oversee as a project lead. Travel may be required.
Project Controls Specialist Responsibilities & Competencies:
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes integrated critical path schedules for major projects and/or portfolio of projects in accordance with contract specifications. When required develop resource loaded schedules.
- Develops and documents project planning considerations and objectives, scope and milestones to incorporate into the schedule. Coordinates and schedules various meetings such as project kick-off meetings and project review meetings.
- Set up and maintain the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders and/or Subcontracts.
- Gathers project progress information from the project manager and project team members to update and monitor the project.
- Evaluates and updates data regarding schedule dates, physical percent complete, resource requirements, subcontractor commitments and project accruals.
- Reviews schedule progress and productivity of resources.
- Develops time-phased project cost and resource forecasts; validates project costs; updates requirements as required.
- Monitors progress of project deliverables and actual expenditures versus forecasts.
- Performs performance reporting for a portfolio of projects or programs using Earned Value Management.
- Conducts financial analysis including variance, risk and profit/loss analyses, etc.
- Performs nonroutine analyses and prepares non-routine financial reports.
- Develops Invoices, submits to clients and tracks the invoice until paid.
- Documents and assesses the impact of project changes on cost/schedule baselines.
- Evaluates and raises project early warning signals to project manager or project lead.
- Evaluates and recommends resource realignments to maintain project execution.
- Generates and analyzes earned value reports for projects and discuss any observations with the project manager.
- Evaluates project execution and impact of developing trends using prescribed methodologies to determine if project is proceeding within available resources and budget.
- Prepares client and internal status reports to communicate cost status and documents trends.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures such as federal/government regulations.
- Uses appropriate document management protocols to manage the storage and retrieval of project documentation.
- Leads project teams and reviews the work of junior staff as necessary. Provides mentoring to junior staff such as giving feedback on technical issues.
- Responsible for growing work with existing clients and supporting business development opportunities.
- Provide expertise and innovation regarding project controls and/or project management methodologies, technologies, and techniques that can be implemented into our internal processes and offered as solution to our clients.
- Represent the company and present at meetings and/or conferences. Work externally with providers or clients as assigned. Make recommendations for improvements and/or efficiencies to management.
- Performs other duties as required (Manage the payroll system).
- 3 - 5 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field. Experience can be submitted for degree – 10 years of experience without a Bachelor’s.
- PMP preferred but not required
- Intermediate level competency P6 user.
- Intermediate to advance level competency in both schedule and cost control.
- Intermediate to Advanced level understanding of Project Controls, Scheduling, and EVMS systems and principles required.
- Intermediate level understanding of Project Management.
- Have a high emotional intelligence. Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
Who we are:
Explosive Ordnance Technologies, Inc (EOTI) is a small, woman-owned business founded in 1997 that has grown to a successful organization of multi -disciplined professionals providing construction, remediation, and consulting services worldwide. EOTI is nationally recognized and respected for its proven ability to manage large complex projects complicated by the presence of munitions and explosives of concern (MEC), including unexploded ordnance (UXO), discarded military munitions, munitions constituents, and chemical warfare materiel. In 2010, EOTI employed 136 full and part-time personnel. EOTI’s Corporate Office is located at 9050 Executive Park Drive, Ste 105A, Knoxville, TN 37923. EOTI also routinely establishes local offices at project or client locations.
EOTI provides a full range of environmental and construction services throughout the world. EOTI maintains a core staff of key personnel including ordnance experts, engineers, scientists, managers, and public relations specialists capable of planning and executing a variety of services.
As a recognized worldwide leader in the munitions and environmental remediation industry it is EOTI's mission to enhance the environment. Our solution-based management approach is fueled by like-minded teaming partners in all aspects of planning, design and remediation, resulting in exceptional innovation and teamwork to accomplish our customer's mission.
EOTI is a woman owned small business (WOSB) which incorporated in 1997. We provide a full range of Environmental Remediation and Compliance Services (ERCS) and Munitions response (MR) investigation and demolition on land and underwater and have performed work globally.