This position is responsible for the coordination of obtaining medical licensure for providers recruited and contracted with TeamHealth Emergency Medicine.
- Establish working relationships with internal and external personnel to facilitate new licensure, renewal licensure, and reinstatement licensure for contracted providers.
- Maintain familiarity with trends in medical licensing requirements.
- Initiate contact with licensing boards and providers to begin licensing process.
- Complete medical licensing applications with all known information on behalf of providers.
- Send applications to providers with detailed instructions regarding the areas they need to complete.
- Process verification requests using the most expeditious service available.
- Maintain accurate records of licensure progress and generate reports as needed or requested.
- Maintain accurate records of licensure expenses by using approved data bases or spread sheets.
- Work directly with the accounting personnel in obtaining the funds necessary to pay any fees for verifications and licensure in the most timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation in TeamWorks.
- Communicate with departments, personnel and providers in a timely manner to keep all parties informed of licensure progress.
- Provide consultation with providers who are processing their own license applications.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by management.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)