Position Quality Technician
Department Quality Assurance
Manager/Supervisor Quality Manager/Engineer
Starting Pay: $18/hr. and at 9 months $20.20
It is the responsibility of this position to audit/monitor production processes, citing non-conformances, and initiating problem-solving activities. Performs all activities essential to the prevention & detection of product defects and non-conformities. Conducts inspections as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors process performance & creates charts and graphics to reflect process performance.
- Responds to issues on the production floor.
- Communicates with engineers and works to resolve the issues.
- Makes approval or rejection decisions based on comparison to quality standards.
- Conducts capability studies.
- Participates in problem solving activities using data analysis and SPC techniques. Engages in corrective action and troubleshooting activities to correct and proactively avoid defects.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supports QE in PPAP verification (as required)
- Conducts testing & inspections on new product, and analyzes product quality to specifications & standards.
- Perform Receiving Inspection duties (as required).
- Perform Final Inspection duties (as required).
Minimum Educational and Work Qualifications
High school diploma required. Associates degree in a technical discipline preferred with 3-5 years’ experience in a quality related field. Formal Quality related education (ASQ certifications, etc.) is very helpful. Experienced with statistical techniques, and has experiences using measuring tools (CMM, Calipers, Height gage, etc. Ability to work and speak effectively with personnel at all levels of production and management. Possess a broad mechanical knowledge and aptitude, and has the ability to apply this store of knowledge in many different situations, for rapid resolution of important production problems. Experience is using problem solving techniques such as DMAIC, 8D, etc. Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write, create reports, and create correspondence. Proficiency with MS Excel (formulas, functions, pivot tables, etc.), PowerPoint, Outlook is required. Moderate lifting up to 35 lbs. on occasion. Ability to lead continuous improvement activities. Experience with maintaining visual problem-solving story boards. Experience with gage calibration & calibration database maintenance. Able to generate quality related procedures.