JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Performance & Innovations Consultant (PIC) is responsible for working with the Senior Vice President of Performance Improvement, designated PIC leaders and team members of the different service lines, Group Executive Leadership, and Regional Performance Director on select PIC priority sites and national PI initiatives within the organization. The PIC supports and works directly with the operational triads, comprised of Regional Medical Directors (RMD), Vice Presidents of Operations (VPO), and Facility Medical Directors (FMD) to provide performance improvement consultation, interventions, resources, and support. The PIC is responsible for monitoring the on-going performance of the contracts within their assigned group and providing strategic and tactical support to the operational leadership teams and clients, while providing the appropriate resources and expertise that can help improve or enhance operational performance.
Consult services can include but is not limited to operational assessments, Lean/Kaizen event facilitation, flow modeling, demand to capacity analysis, leadership /staff /team development, and patient experience coaching as well as other innovations and operational best practices, such as the 360 assessments. The PIC also aids in the development of and presentation of virtual tools that the triads can utilize in implementing the best practice tactics related to throughput, patient and employee satisfaction, and effective teamwork. The PICs also support integration activities between service lines in priority contracts.
The Performance & Innovations Consultant (PIC) position is a remote working position with heavy monthly travel to hospital facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps the group and regional leaders prioritize the assessment/coaching opportunities and provide operational improvement recommendations plan for select contracts or healthcare systems within his/her designated service line or region, ensuring that goals are aligned with TeamHealth strategic objectives.
- Performs operational assessments and PI interventions and support on requested priority sites, health care systems or start-ups, incorporating data review and analysis, on-site observations, and interviews with TeamHealth leadership and hospital stakeholders.
- Coaches TeamHealth and Client stakeholders on key tactics and processes to improve efficiency and achievement of established/desired goals. Assists with and supports the change management process and helps train others (train-the-trainer) on essential functions as part of the change process
- Prepares written reports for TeamHealth and hospital leaders on the consults completed that adheres to defined standards of documentation and time targets ensuring consistency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Provides operational analyses, team support, conflict resolution, and team building among diverse stakeholders.
- Provides customized training for leaders, staff and other stakeholders as needed to enhance the operational performance and leader/staff development that can help in achieving desired goals and results.
- Maintains and supports database and required reports for all consults provided (e.g. assessments and operational improvement related activities) with entry of all required information that includes, facility name measures of success, timetable for evaluation of results, and evaluation of results
- Participates as an integral member of the regional/divisional leadership team.
- Identifies training needs of triads and client leaders and staff that can aid in operational effectiveness or improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN