Responsible for initiating the patient’s clinical visit and creating the first impression of the clinical area. Enters and verifies PFSH/HPI information in the EHR. Prepares the patient and the chart for the physician. Has a good working knowledge of the clinical workflow and has the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and/or families with a courteous, service-oriented attitude.
- Responsible for rooming patients, taking vital signs, ordering x-rays, and removing splints, dressings, and sutures per physician protocols.
- Reviews the patient’s medical record to ensure that OP pictures, test result reports, and imaging studies are in the medical record for the physician’s use during the patient’s visit.
- Enters and verifies PFSH/HPI in the EHR for Meaningful Use compliance and maintaining an accurate patient chart.
- Prepares the patient for the physician to see.
- Keeps the physician’s clinic running smoothly by keeping rooms filled with patients and assisting as needed.
- Communicates with the other areas as needed (x-ray, front desk, appointment desk, cast techs, mid-levels, prescription nurses, etc.)
- Assists the Scribe and the physician with all finishing details of the visit including acquiring DME products, drawing up injections, or escorting the patient to the next area such as scheduling or the casting area.
- Performs other clinical duties as assigned.
- Follow up with the patient as they prepare to leave and assists them with any questions they might have.
- Strives to represent the Care Center and the organization in a professional, compassionate, and caring manner.
- Maintains appropriate licensure/certifications.
- Knowledge of pharmacology, anatomy and physiology, orthopaedic surgical procedures as well as treatment modalities.
- Must be able to spell accurately.
- Knowledge of good nursing skills.
- Knowledge of computer, scanner, printer, copier, fax machine.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of the EHR software.
- Knowledge of OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
- Maintains strict confidentiality, respecting the patient’s right to privacy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy work environment.
- Ability to act calmly and effectively in busy or stressful situations.
- Skill in organizing and managing multiple issues and/or tasks.
- Ability to interact with other departments.
- Exhibits strong communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, personal conduct, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
- Assumes responsibility for personal development and own actions.
- Promotes good public relations and customer service at all times.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified Medical Assistance (CMA).
Supervision Received: Reports to the Nursing or Clinical Supervisor
Positions Supervised: None
About this company
OrthoTennessee brings together the area’s best orthopedic physicians in the Southeast. Our aim is to work together to provide the most up-to-date, extensive care for our patients. By combining our expertise, perspective is shared to create a wider, more inclusive knowledge of orthopedic medicine. In addition the feeling of community gained in our group helps foster communication and understanding on both sides. Our increased knowledge and communication guarantee our patients the most positive experience.
Location/Region: Maryville, TN (37801)