JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
Under the direction of the Vice President, Compliance, the Compliance Analyst - Coding is responsible for assisting with implementation and maintenance of the TeamHealth Compliance and Ethics Program. The Compliance Analyst – Coding will assist in the development and implementation of all facets of the Compliance and Ethics Program, including, but not limited to compliance training; auditing and monitoring activities; and investigation of compliance concerns. The Compliance Analyst
- Coding may also lead special projects as assigned by the VP, Compliance and the Director of Compliance for Clinician Coding.
- Actively participate in compliance investigations and corrective action plans. Document activities in the incident management system. Track and report on all assigned activities.
- Participate in the planning and performance of the compliance risk assessment process.
- Participate in the development of the Annual Compliance Work Plan and related documents.
- Perform and document Work Plan activities as assigned.
- Assist with external Coding Compliance audits.
- Prepare requested reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information obtained through investigations, Work Plan submissions, and other compliance activities.
- Assist with the development, distribution, implementation, and tracking of compliance forms, documents, policies, and training materials.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of relevant laws, rules, and regulations governing the healthcare services furnished by TeamHealth clinicians.
- Stay current on relevant coding and billing regulations, specifically as they relate to coding and billing for emergency department, anesthesiology, acute care services, and post acute care services.
- Research compliance topics as requested. Recommend proposed actions based on the research results.
- Assist with the daily operational and functional requirements of the Compliance Department.
- Maintain timely communication with the VP, Compliance and the Director of Compliance for Clinician Coding on compliance concerns that have been reported and/or observed.
- Effectively interact and communicate with all TeamHealth Associates while consistently demonstrating a high standard of conduct, ethics, objectivity, judgment, independence, and discretion.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)