Accountant/ Office Manager- Wheel Recovery Systems, LLC.
The Accountant / Office Manager is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the following – accounting, internal controls, office administration, cash management, accounts receivable and collections, inventory, accounts payable, account analyses and reconciliations, general ledger, and journal entries. The Accountant / Office Manager will operate with the highest degree of honesty, integrity and accuracy in team-oriented and deadline driven environment. He/she also supports the Corporate Finance team in the monthly close-to-report process.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform and assist with cash management functions, including daily banking, cash flow projections, coding of related activity, driver cash reconciliations, authorizing payments, and banking transactions.
- General ledger maintenance.
- Preparation and submission of weekly payroll.
- Preparation of select bank reconciliations.
- Manage accounts receivable and collections, including daily processing of sales invoices.
- Record cash receipts, daily.
- Maintain an adequate system of internal controls.
- Assist the Corporate Accounting team in driving and monitoring a timely, accurate and efficient record-to-report process (monthly, annually).
- Analyze and reconcile various account general ledger account balances and related activity for content and accuracy.
- Assist with monitoring, analyzing and reconciling inventory, product costs, and related movements
- Strictly adhere to the monthly close calendar and related deadlines; monitor and ensure expeditious record-to-report processes are followed.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis.
- Perform special projectsand tasks, timely and accurately, as requested by management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting is required; Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) is a major plus.
- Accomplished professional with a minimum of ten years of progressive accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong problem-solving capability, ability to make recommendations and implement ideas and change.
- Strong QuickBooks skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel (intermediate level - pivot tables, v-lookups, and formulas is REQUIRED), Word and Outlook skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Able to work well in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Departmental Core Competencies:
- Honesty & Integrity.
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Commitment to quality, timeliness and accuracy.
- Results oriented.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and a positive, “do whatever it takes” attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Customer service focus.
Employee Core Competencies:
- Highest sense of ownership, accountability, responsibility, urgency, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor, collaboratively and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, problem solving, decision making and organization skills.
- Self-starter, results oriented, passionate, enthusiastic, and possessing a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong hands-on familiarity with accounting and financial reporting software and systems.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite – Excel (intermediate Excel skills - pivot tables, v-lookups, and formulas), Word and Outlook.
- Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time; follows instructions; responds to management direction; and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- A keen eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify accounting processes.
Note that this Job Description reflects Wheel Recovery’s current assessment of the Accountabilities, Qualifications, Core Competencies and Essential Functions for this position; however, nothing in this Job Description shall restrict Wheel Recovery System’s right to reassess and/or reassign the responsibilities and duties for this position at any time.
Wheel Recovery System, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume with references and salary requirements to: email@example.com or in person at: 1805 Jackson Rd, Knoxville, TN 37921
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US - 37921)