JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Coder is responsible for reviewing patient medical records via paper and electronic format and assigning the appropriate CPT-4 or ICD-10 codes, and physician identification numbers to each patient record into the billing system following Team Health coding guidelines. Coders must meet productivity and quality standards to meet established month-end closing schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains knowledge of current TeamHealth coding policies.
- Review documentation on patient records and assign CPT-4 or ICD-10 codes and physician identification numbers for each patient record, as well as additional reporting measures and information.
- Adhere to TeamHealth Compliance Policies that include government mandated HIPAA regulations.
- Identify errors, problems, or issues and present to Coding management for resolution.
- Report coding problems or irregularities to Coding leadership as appropriate.
- Exercises knowledge of medical terminology and physiological systems, as well as Medicare coding rules and regulations.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Performance of other duties that may be requested by the Supervisor or Manager.
Location/Region: Louisville, TN (US)