JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for processing credit balances, recoups, adjustments and unidentified payments for Emergency, Hospitalist, and Clinic groups. Maintains accuracy and production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes guarantor, Medicare, Medicaid, Champus, Federal, and specific other situations for all groups to determine who is to be refunded.
- Assembles appropriate documentation to validate refunds and forward to senior for approval.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding overprovisions.
- Handles correspondence related to credit balances according to written procedures.
- Processes transfer of payment and cancelled check research forms.
- Contacts insurance carriers/guarantors as necessary on credit balances, offsets and unidentified payments.
- Reports any consistent errors identified that affect accounts from being processed correctly.
- Participates in unit progress meetings with Patient Accounts Supervisor regarding A/R report(s) and month-end reports.
- Research unidentified logs and reports to determine the appropriate application of payments identified.
- Turns to Supervisor for unusual circumstances that may include refunds, offsets, unidentified, etc.
- Performs all duties as directed by management.
Location/Region: Louisville, TN (US)