Asphalt Paving Foreman
Rogers Group, Inc. is one of the largest privately held mining and construction firms in the U.S. We are headquartered in Nashville, TN with operations across nine states employing approximately 1,900 employees. With over 100 years of success in mining, asphalt productions and highway construction, we are committed to operational success.
We are currently seeking an individual for the ASPHALT PAVING FOREMAN position for our East Tennessee area located in Knoxville, TN to oversee and supervise our asphalt paving crews on various projects such as commercial parking lots, city streets, county and state roadways, as well as interstate highways. The successful candidate for this role will have an uncompromising focus on safety excellence.
The successful candidate for this role will have a demonstrated ability to recruit, train and retain crew members focused on safety, quality and productivity. Other duties included, but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform asphalt paving operations in accordance with DOT, local and commercial specifications.
- Ability to read plans and specifications (application rates, grades, slope, drainage, etc.).
- Proven track record of completing jobs under budget and on-time.
- Ability to manage all aspects of the operation including ordering of materials, logistics, maintenance and outside services.
- Coordination between other crews, subs and vendors.
- Daily submission of electronic time cards and shift production reports as required by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and KNOWLEDGE:
- 5+ years of experience as a paving foreman, with references.
- Knowledge of the local customers, materials and specifications is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven record of being a self-starter and able to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to work well with team members or inspectors while managing stressful situations in changing environments.
- Proficient with GPS grade and slope control.
- Asphalt paving experience required.
- Computer skills are required.
Rogers Group provides extensive benefits, strong compensation, annual incentive and company vehicle.
All applications are accepted online. To apply, please visit us at www.rogersgroupinc.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates without regard to age, race, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US - 37920)