Description:We are seeking a Manager of Internal Audit, Ethics & Employee Concerns in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
The Manager will be responsible for managing an effective Internal Audit, Ethics & Employee Concerns Program, which includes the appropriate execution of internal audit activities and an effective ethics and employee concerns program. Will advise and apprise senior management on matters relating to organization compliance, internal audits, ethics, and employee concerns.
Regarding Internal Audit, will administer an independent, objective, assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and enhance risk management, controls, and governance processes.
Concerning Ethics & Employee Concerns, will develop tools and programs to heighten awareness and reinforce appropriate compliant and ethical conduct within the organization. Will oversee the investigation and disposition of employee concerns consistent with applicable Department of Energy or National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) and Consolidated Nuclear Services (CNS) orders, regulations, or requirements. Will assure the Ethics & Employee Concerns Program is meeting the intent and goals of the company and DOE/NNSA to achieve an environment aligned with the company values by conducting annual effectiveness reviews of the Program and by providing program information, analysis and tracking to senior management and the DOE/NNSA as appropriate.
1. Manages Internal Audit with emphasis on compliance with auditing standards issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors and requirements established in the prime contract with NNSA.
2. Manages Ethics & Employee Concerns with emphasis on compliance with the CNS Code of Business Conduct, the CNS values as outlined in the Strategic Plan (Integrity, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Excellence), and other requirements established in the prime contract with NNSA.
3. Directs and oversees the institution of an effective communication program for the organization to heighten awareness of ethics and compliance.
4. Provides strategic guidance in the development of tools, such as training or work programs, to communicate controls stipulated within CNS policies, management instructions and other policies and procedures to reinforce appropriate conduct and organizational ethics and compliance
5. Advises senior management on matters relating to organizational ethics and compliance.
6. Reviews organizational policies and procedures and provides strategic direction for the revision of policies, where necessary, to ensure continuing relevance in providing guidance to management and employees to prevent or otherwise minimize illegal, unethical and improper conduct.
7. Develops, implements and refines the strategy for effective ethics and compliance program within the organization to meet Government regulatory requirements while enhancing organizational performance.
8. Conducts trend reviews on ethics and compliance activities within the organization and provides reports to keep senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Managers informed of the operation and progress of ethics and compliance efforts.
9. Manages issues relating to ethics, compliance and internal audits and ensures all issues are appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved, ensuring confidentiality of information as appropriate.
10. On behalf of the organization, responds as appropriate to alleged fraud or deviations from CNS policies and procedures, regulations or standards of conduct.
11. Directs and oversees the development and execution of an annual risk-based internal audit plan, to include financial and process/performance audits (compliance, effectiveness, efficiency) and subcontract audits to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and to determine the degree of compliance with controls as set forth in CNS policies, management instructions and procedures, as well as legal and contractual requirements.
12. Develops/implements/monitors corrective action plans for resolution of issues, and provides guidance/recommendations for avoidance of similar issues in the future.
13. At the request of and in conjunction with the NNSA Production Office, coordinates external audits conducted by the Government Accountability Office and DOE Office of Inspector General of CNS activities, programs and facilities, which includes facilitating exit and entrance conferences, site visits, and CNS responses to draft and final reports.
Bachelors degree from accredited university/college in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Law or other business or compliance related discipline, with sufficient number of specialized courses, or equivalent demonstrated experience in an Ethics and Compliance related discipline or function.
12+ years of relevant experience
DOE Q clearance or equivalent
Proficiency in interpreting and implementing internal auditing standards and other operational guidance and requirements.
Proficiency as demonstrated by the attainment of a professional certification germane to internal audit, specifically at least one of the following: CIA, CPA, CISA, or CFE.
Proficiency in CNS and government contract ethics and compliance requirements.
Supervisory knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to organize and analyze data and information gathered to support investigative findings.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Extensive knowledge of CNS policies and procedures. Employer Overview:
Employer is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Employer reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Employer with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Employer.com. The companys diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Employer will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Oak Ridge, TN (US)