Everything you want from a job.
Looking for a fresh opportunity? Well, FIVE STAR FOOD is looking for dedicated, service-oriented, hard-working employees with a passion for quality food and commitment to customer service.
At Five Star Foods , we provide a fun and rewarding place to work.
While we try not to take ourselves too seriously, there are a few things we look for in our employees:
Salary 35K-40KDining Service Manager Position Reports to
- Passion for quality food and a commitment to customer service
- Unfailing work ethic, honesty and integrity
- Professional presentation and demeanor
: District Dining Service Director Position Summary:
The Dining Service Manager directs the daily activities of several combination dining service units. Manager is responsible for the maintenance of established standards for quality and service, analyzing areas for improvement where standards are in need of improvement. Responsible for adherence to systems that assure financial information is reported in an accurate and timely fashion. Coordinates the individual and collective efforts of staff.
This position description is not all inclusive. There may be requests made by management and your cooperation in expected and appreciated. Tasks and Competencies:
- Demonstrates complete understanding of departmental requirements and interprets their intent accurately to all staff members. (Responsible for training and ensuring staff demonstrates understanding of role within the team.)
- Monitors daily performance of staff and ensures compliance with established timetables. (Ensures compliance with all production records, financial reporting for the unit).
- Monitors quality of product and services produced by staff and ensures compliance of established standards. (Use of recipes, proper food preparation methods from approved sources of product purchase).
- Monitors sanitation and food handling practices of assigned units and ensures staff compliance with established standards and local health department codes. (Complies with ServSafe and/or local health department guidelines).
- Routinely inspects areas of assigned responsibility and reports all substandard safety, security or equipment conditions to General Manager. (Reports any and all safety hazards for corrective action - immediately reports any incidents to the branch office for reporting to insurance carrier.)
- Consistently monitors standards and makes recommendations for change.( Monitors menu, pricing, staffing levels to ensure compliance with budget for location and maximum productivity, customer service).
- Supervises staff in a consistently fair manner. Maintains steady productivity through close observation. Provides feedback when necessary. (Recommends corrective and/or disciplinary action as needed based upon the situation).
- Adjust daily schedule with personnel changes as necessary to complete essential duties and provide maximum customer service. (Completes a weekly schedule, monitors customer flow to ensure maximum service and budget goals are met).
- Coordinates work staff to promote efficiency of operation without service loss. (observes budgeted hours for planning weekly labor).
- Consistently recommends action(s) necessary for staff promotions, training and disciplinary action. (Responsible for contacting next level of management and HR for policy violations as outlined in employee handbook).
- Trains staff in all areas necessary to perform position functions. (Unit supervisor responsible for ensuring staff demonstrates understanding of position requirements).
- Assist and facilitates orientation of all newly assigned employees. (ensure employee understands policies, report to work time, facility rules, regulations, …)
- Monitors employee attendance and reports such to Office Manager or management designee for maintenance of attendance bonus records and compliance of absenteeism policy.( Responsible for recording and reporting all absences tardies, compliance with Five Star policies regarding time and attendance. Responsible for ensuring all absences are reported and any FMLA/LOA is reported as soon as it is known).
- Monitors customer service at all assigned locations. Make adjustments as necessary to ensure efficient service is provided at all times. (Adjusts staffing levels, production to meet customer flow through operation).
- Monitors customer purchases to establish trends. Makes recommendations for future purchases. (Review of completed production sheets for each meal, monitoring left over use, over or under production of items).
- Assures the accuracy of all unit inventories. Establishes proper requisition/purchase procedures are followed. ( Weekly written inventories reported to branch, invoice summary log completed as product received)
- Ensures that supplies are used in a manner that is cost-efficient and within established company guidelines. (Use company established vendors for all purchases, comply with company established recipes).
- Reports menu changes and other pertinent information to District Dining Director. (Monitors cost of goods on a daily and weekly basis - reports any irregularities, price increases, cost of goods problems with menu items to DDD - takes corrective action as appropriate to ensure budget guidelines are maintained).
- Meets routinely with staff to solicit their assistance with operational challenges and to build a sense of teamwork by relaying pertinent information . (Responsible for communicating all company policy, performance expectations to subordinate staff. Responsible for making recommendations in the areas of hiring, disciplinary action up to and including termination within Company guidelines.)
- Meets routinely with Company management to communicate needs, exchange information and to remain current with daily operational task and information. (Regular attendance at company established staff meetings.)
- Works with co-managers, other department managers in a professional manner. Demonstrates the ability to solve problems in a team setting; demonstrates a "can do" attitude !(Leads by example: follows established company policy, works to solve operational problems by involving team, applying tools and supplies as available to ensure customer service and adherence to Five Star service, food preparation and sanitation standards).
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times. (Ensures staff is in clean, approved attire for the work shift).
- Assures all required financial and operational reporting is completed as scheduled by corporate account department. (Completion of register logs, safe logs, production sheets for each meal, inventory, invoice logs as required by the Company).
- Treats staff, co-workers and customers with courtesy and respect.
Demonstrates required math, writing and verbal skills. ( Ability to calculate recipe extensions or reductions based on customer headcount to serve, ability to calculate cost of goods sold to ensure compliance with budgeted food cost, ability to calculate wages to ensure