TFE, Inc. is currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Project Manager (Roads and Grounds)
Job Classification: Full-time
Location: Oak Ridge
Clearance: Must have the ability obtain and maintain an “L” or “Q” Security Clearance
The following explains the job responsibilities and expectations for all employees who are classified in this job description. This job description is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the Company.
The primary role of this position is to manage the roads and grounds contract which includes all supervisors, craft staff and assigned equipment.
1. Provide oversight for the performance of work to ensure it is done in accordance with cost, schedules, contractual and client requirements.
2. Responsible for all contract compliance, budget and client/regulator interface.
3. Responsible for direction of Project Operations staff activities.
4. Experience managing a combination of union and non-union workforce.
5. Ensures adherence to company policies, standards and procedures, and governmental regulations.
6. Resolves conflicts or controversy to facilitate meeting established company objectives.
7. Review work documents (e.g. procedures, work packages, etc.) and associated support documents.
8. Ensure institution and facility requirements are met.
9. Observe other elements of Conduct of Operations, Maintenance and Work Control associated with the activity and coach and mentor as necessary.
10. Assist with implementation of best practices from around the DOE Complex to ensure safe, compliance and efficient project application.
11. Actively participates in Safety Work Groups.
12. Manage the work of the grounds staff on a daily basis.
13. Manage performance of Roads and Grounds personnel.
14. In consultation with the STR, Operations Supervisor, Health and Safety Officer, and other staff, schedules and delegates work assignments to meet client deadlines.
15. Preparation for completion of responsibilities requires timeliness, accuracy and quality performance.
1. Demonstrated ability and knowledge to effectively manage the Roads and Grounds Maintenance project (s) that they are accountable for.
2. Knowledge and experience includes, but is not limited to: roads maintenance, grounds maintenance, earthworking, engineering, estimating, equipment, materials, project controls, labor relations, development and the utilization and maintenance of client contacts.
3. Knowledge of all project functions/management.
4. Knowledge of and experience in all aspects of operations, management and project control activities.
1. Minimum of 10 (ten) years’ experience performing oversight of projects related to road maintenance, grounds maintenance, or earthwork.
2. A 4 (four) year engineering or related degree may be substituted for up to 5 (five) years’ experience.
TO APPLY: www.tfeinc.net/careers
TFE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Location/Region: Oak Ridge, TN (US - 37830)