Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,100 employees, BWXT has nine major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and two NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWX Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Data Scientist for our Oak Ridge, TN location!
- Work cooperatively with equipment engineers or teams to learn how to create, build, maintain, and modify data acquisition and process control systems for automated equipment that supports manufacturing and quality control, and other plant operations.
- Learn how to integrate automated control systems with other 3rd party software and hardware tools, sensors, interfaces, camera systems, and other feedback mechanisms.
- Perform functional and performance analysis of automated systems, along with the creation and maintenance of system and testing documentation.
- Assist in the modification, repair, support, and management of existing complex, automated hardware systems.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative or technical field of study (e.g., statistics, mathematics, computer science) is required. Master’s Prefered
- Data collection, sensor integration, and temporal logging of multiple parameters required
- C++, C, C#, Python or Java experience with multi-core processing expertise required
- Experience with multi-level “deep” neural networks used to create systems that can perform feature detections from large amounts of unlabeled training data
- Image Processing algorithm development and filter modification
- Object and defect detection strategies
- 3d reconstruction and modeling expertise seeks actionable and consistent pattern for predictive uses
- Computational efficiency and with a strong focus on real-time applications
- Dream.3D experience highly desired.
- Experience in OpenCV or other image analysis and machine vision software desired.
- Hardware acceleration or GPU accelerated CUDA experience a strong plus
BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Database, Scientific, Scientist, Computer Science, Nuclear, Technology, Engineering, Science, Energy
Location/Region: Oak Ridge, TN