Special Job Requirements:
• The Engineering Specialist is responsible for engineering support of Hoisting & Rigging (H&R) engineering activities on a project or designated portions of a project.
• Provide H&R engineering support to UCOR Programs and support projects at ETTP, ORNL, and Y-12 which utilizes numerous cranes (truck/mobile and gantry/trolley design) and power industrial trucks. Work includes development of pre-engineered or critical lift plans, and help to ensure equipment and rigging maintenance[inspections/repairs/orders are performed/documented in compliant manner.
• Provide engineering services with emphasis in regulatory/environmental compliance including, but not limited to, CFR (emphasis on 29, 40. 46, 48 & 49), DOT FMCSR, DOE, OSHA, TN Codes, NFPA, ASME, FAR, NRC, etc. Work includes development of corrective measures and/or provide independent support for various Federal, State and/or local compliance related issues.
• Provide Professional Engineering services to ensure various forklift attachments meet OSHA requirements for use and ensure technical data on attachments (e.g., personnel lifts, drum grabs, forklift booms, drum turners, scales, pressurized drum punches, etc.) are comptiant and acceptable for use.
• Provide H&R expertise to include program management, development and implementation
• Develop critical and pre-engineered lift plans, and selection/procurement of associated rigging or cranes.
• Provide leadership in the H&R program and ensure that personnel performing H&R activities have proper oversight and are appropriately trained and qualified.
Special Training, Certifications, Qualifications, or Licenses:
• BS in civil, construction engineering. or other engineering discipline with directly relevant curriculum as related to Hoisting & Rigging program operations
• Qualifications for this position include 7-15 years previous engineering experience.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in Tennessee or ability to achieve registration via comity process is considered a plus but is not mandatory.
• Prior work experience on DOE sites is desired.
• Functional with MS Word. MS Excel, MS Outlook and CAD software.
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "L" or "Q" clearance.