Join a team of dynamic, results oriented professionals!
Named among “The World’s Most Admired Companies" by Fortune Magazine
Named among "America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies" by Forbes magazine
Named among “Great Places to Work" by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Convenience market on site
- Benefit Eligibility (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life) the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401K program (Discretionary matching funds available)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- Dental plans & Vision plans
- GENEROUS Personal time off
- Eight Paid Holidays per year
- Quarterly incentive plans
- Business casual dress code
- Free Parking
- Free coffee daily
- Employee of the month awards with monetary gift and parking space
- Training Programs
- Awesome Facility with terrific amenities
- Wellness programs
- Flexible work schedule
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This position is responsible for assigning ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes, MIPS codes (formerly known as PQRS) and clinical data reporting (CDR) information to patient encounters based on medical record from client hospital Emergency Departments. This job entails scanning for accuracy and completeness of records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign appropriate diagnosis codes using ICD-10-CM code book.
- Assign MIPS (Merit based incentive payment system) codes to CMS charts that require them.
- Review and process charts according to department production goals.
- Report coding problems or irregularities to Analyst
- Exercise knowledge of medical terminology and physiological systems, as well as ICD-10 coding rules and regulations.
- Read all memos, bulletins, updates, and educational material supplied and be responsible for the content.
- Performance of other non-essential duties that may be requested by BPO Management.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)