Construction Manager Job Purpose: Completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
Construction Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, disciplining employees and vendors; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance. Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information and alerts the project manager or officer in charge of any budget or issues that need be a change order to the owner.
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; maintaining proper daily safety and construction logs; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors while maintaining control of sub-contractor procedures and ethics during construction; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from owners.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations. (i.e maintains OSHA, CPR and equipment certifications)
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in or requesting additional educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Willing to travel
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Email, Internet
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Global Building Contractors is composed of a group of skilled personnel plus a management team with experience and knowledge with a proven track record. Our company employs several professionals, including project managers, site managers, schedulers, and estimators, all having educated construction experience.
Since GBC conception it has been equally adept in every type of construction delivery method. GBC works with clients to find the best format for their project, rather than a cookie-cutter approach. At the same time, GBC makes it a point to actively engage in hard bid construction while offering project management, owner agent, build-to-suit and sub construction for other General Contractors.
Global Building Contractors provides the full range of services that you'd expect from a construction company. GBC does this on-time and on-budget using the most sophisticated project management tools. But at the end of the day, it's the people who make the true difference. It's their commitment to excellence, their willingness to work in a team environment, and their desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done on time and on budget, that truly separates Global Building Contractors from other construction companies
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)