Title: Laboratory Technician (Grant funded until March 2019)
Position # 601350
Closing Date: 6/10/2018
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide support to the MET, EET, AIS and IMT Programs that are necessary to provide an effective and safe learning environment for the students. This is accomplished by maintaining the laboratories and equipment in full working condition, inventorying and ordering parts, supplies, and equipment that is necessary for day to day program operation, and helping develop, set-up, and teach labs sessions and classes. In addition, to support faculty in the classes they teach.
Position # 601350
Type of Appointment: Full-Time (Grant funded until March 2019)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Category: Clerical Support
Pay Range: See Required Qualifications
Department: Engineering & Media Technologies
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
1. 40% Repair and maintain MET, AIS, EET, and IMT related equipment. This includes machine tools (manual and CNC), measuring equipment (manual and CMM), training simulators and testing equipment. This also includes performing preventative maintenance and keeping equipment calibrated.
2. 15% Assist in the development and set-up of labs, and teach lab sessions. Tutoring students in MET, EET, IMT and AIS open lab sessions and writing job aides.
3. 15% Certification Verification of Skill Sets in MET, IMT, EET and AIS. Prepare and submit required documentation
in support of accreditation applications to national third party organizations such National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) and manage these certification records.
4. 10% Research, Inventory, order, and maintain a complex and diverse list of expendable supplies, tools and tooling, measuring devices, and power equipment. This includes completing requisitions for supplies and receiving supplies. Submit work orders and provide details of work needed to other support departments.
5. 10% Teach training classes associated with Authorized Training Programs (i.e. Fanuc, FeatureCam, Solidworks, Haas, CNC and other related fields.)
6. 5% Supervise part time lab technicians, student workers, and coordinate their work activities.
7. 5% Perform various other duties as assigned by the department or college.
Note: the College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time.
• An Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial Maintenance, or related field is required. However, a person with a certificate from TN College of Applied Technology and near completion of an Associate’s Degree may be considered competent to perform the job.
• Must have three + years’ full-time work experience in the field of study and experience in the CAM, CAD and Communication application and Microsoft office, as well as, maintenance and asset management software tools.
(Pay Grade 8, $35,780 – $43,960)
• An Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical
Engineering Technology, Industrial Maintenance, or related field is required.
However, a person with a certificate from TN College of Applied Technology and
near completion of an Associate’s Degree may be considered competent to perform
• Must have zero to three years’ full-time work experience in the field of
study and experience in the CAM, CAD and Communication application and
Microsoft office, as well as, maintenance and asset management software tools.
(Pay Grade 5, $27,200 – $33,030)
Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% credit of full-time work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Must be willing to learn other program specific software and the installation, operation, and maintenance of new equipment.
Preferred Qualifications: Training in FeatureCam, Hass, CNC, SolidWorks and Certified in National Institute for Metal Working Skills (NIMS) is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
If you have any problems or questions please contact Human Resources at 865-694-6406 or by email at email@example.com.
A summary of our benefits can be found at http://www.pstcc.edu/hr/benefits
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN