Alcoa High School, a high performing school that places value on engagement, relationships, and performance, is seeking a part-time Spanish Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. Candidate could be asked to teach any grade level in grades Nine through Twelve. Classes will include both Spanish I and Spanish II.
Bachelors or Graduate Degree in Spanish and appropriate teaching certification
PRIMARY JOB GOAL:
Ultimately, it is the goal of a Spanish language teacher to use a variety of teaching tools for the purpose of teaching students to read, write, and speak Spanish. A Spanish language teacher may be expected to teach at many different levels of proficiency, so fluency in Spanish in necessary.
- Creating lesson plans
- Preparing classroom activities
- Organizing teaching materials
- Engaging students in high levels of authentic learning
- Evaluating student performance
- Maintaining classroom records
- Meeting with parents, teachers, and other professionals
- Participating in campus events
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
200 days per year