We are seeking Retail Associates to join our team! In this role you will be an influential point of contact for customers who visit Buds and plays an integral part in forming customers’ impressions and experiences. A person in this role is responsible for helping provide an enjoyable and informative visit for customers, displaying a polite, courteous, and helpful attitude and demeanor in all interactions, showing products, answering customers’ questions related to available products and services, and guiding customers fluidly through the sales process.
Opportunities may Include full-time or part-time work in the following roles:
- Sales Associate
- Front Desk Greeter
- Administrative / Office Associate
- Range Counter Associate
- Range Safety Instructors
- Certified Firearms Instructor
- Stockroom Associate (Shipping, Receiving, Merchandising)
- Building Maintenance
Responsibilities May Include:
- Greet customers and obtain information about the nature of their visit, what they’re seeking, where they’re visiting from, and how they heard about Buds Gun Shop & Range, etc.
- Answer customer questions on availability, location, attributes and prices of merchandise.
- Be on the lookout for straw purchasers who give evidence they are seeking to purchase a firearm on behalf of someone else; if/when encountered, terminate the transaction
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer from retail floor or warehouse, as needed.
- For firearms purchases: Identify purchaser, verify customer is of adequate age for purchase of applicable item(s), oversee proper customer completion of Form 4473, validating ID and place of residence, and escort customer, any paperwork, and firearm(s) to TICs counter for background check. Buds will train on necessary ATF Form 4473 compliance and completion.
- Help keep the showroom clean and orderly.
- Stock counter-spaces with applicable merchandise.
- Appropriately tag prices on merchandise.
- Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters to promote sales.
- Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
- Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
- Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Perform secondary review for thorough, accurate, and compliant completion of all Form 4473’s prior to the conducting of TICs background checks for all firearms sales.
- Perform any/all necessary new customer setup in POS system and/or customer contact information updates taken from Form 4473.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountability at POS registers. Appropriately remove and record register amounts at end of shift.
- Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
- Maintain an awareness of all product information, promotions, and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in monitoring floor stock.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, including loss prevention protocols.
- Greet customers at the range counter and obtain information about what they’re interested in during their visit, etc.
- Answer customer questions on range programs, costs, rental gun(s) selection, ammo prices, etc.
- Be on the lookout for any factors present that would prohibit a visitor from being eligible to rent firearms and/or shoot on the range
- Help keep clean and orderly the range, range counter, any glass surfaces, hearing and eye protection, and surrounding retail space.
When working in a Range Safety Officer (RSO) capacity:
- Greet range customers and get them settled into their lanes, advised of our rules and protocols for gun handling, and familiarized with the lanes and targets functionally
- Ensure safety on the range by observing all users and respectfully, but immediately correcting any behavior that could be considered unsafe
- Assist customers in safely and properly clearing any malfunctions they encounter
- Sweep up spent brass and collect it appropriately, and clean up range at end of day.
- Must be observant and possess the ability to make quick accurate decisions
- Must be able to use tact and be respectful when correcting unsafe behavior
- It is NOT the responsibility of the RSO to provide customized firearms training, e.g. marksmanship lessons; to do so would interfere with the ability to deliver true job duties and details to other range customers and co-workers
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Teamwork orientation
- Proficient communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
This job operates in a retail firearms business environment, and may routinely use ATF form 4473, Buds’ point-of-sale (POS) system, warehouse management system (WMS), vendor interface, Tennessee Instant Check system (TICs), tablet(s), as well as standard office equipment such as calculators, computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Buds will train new-hires on use of applicable systems and processes, including Point of Sale System, ATF Form 4473 completion, and Tennessee Instant Check Systems (TICS) for customer background checks on all firearms purchases.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Full-time positions are expected to work ≥ 36 hours per week. Part-time positions are expected to work < 36 hours per week. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Previous retail sales and/or customer service experience.
Buds Gun Shop & Range Tennessee is located in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains in Sevierville, Tennessee. We offer a large selection of today's best firearms, ammunition, and gun accessories.
We pride ourselves on our prices, selection, and customer focused business practices. Whether for the marksman, sportsman, armed professional, or those interested in self-defense, we have the firearms for them all. Our 20,000 square foot retail showroom proudly features the most popular brands and most sought after items in the market today.
We also offer a technologically advanced shooting experience in our 23,000 square foot indoor range featuring 25 lanes powered by Fusion Targets. Our climate controlled atmosphere is complete with a viewing area, state-of-the-art bullet trap, and a wireless touchpad targeting system.