GeoConex is always looking for motivated and qualified people to fill positions at our company. Our dedicated, energetic and friendly team is committed to providing the highest standards of public safety solutions and customer service.
Currently, we are looking for a GIS Mapping Technician in our Corporate Office located in Knoxville TN.
- Collection and conversion of new customer GIS vector data and features;
- Conversion of raster data to tile packages using ARC Server;
- Developing workflows for new customers to maintain and update their GIS project using GeoConex or ESRI editing tools;
- Documenting and training customers on the maintenance and update workflow;
- Work with customer GIS departments to collect initial data and include them in the workflow;
- Perform quality assurance assessments on new and existing customer GIS data;
- Develop scripts for customer map data manipulation;
- Create customer MXD files for use with the GeoConex Map Viewing software;
- Provide technical support for MSAG, Addressing and GIS systems and databases;
- Create wall maps and map books for customers as needed;
- Improving and maintaining GeoConex GIS standards documentation.
- Experience in analyzing spatial data in a municipal environment;
- Knowledge of modern GIS tools and addressing methodology for public safety systems;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Databases and ArcGIS Server is an asset;
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Portal is an asset;
- Knowledge of Python scripting language is an asset;
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum two-year College Diploma in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Sciences, Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience;
- 4-6 years’ experience and knowledge with GIS databases and editing using ESRI ArcGIS software;
- 2-4 years’ experience and knowledge of ESRI Python scripting;
- 2-4 years’ experience and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server;
- Ability to travel as needed
Substitution of Experience for Education:
Qualifying experience may substitute for the required education.
- Competitive salary depending on experience;
- Comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus;
- Annual profit sharing bonus;
- Annual retention bonus;
- Simple IRA;
- Paid Time Off accrued bi-monthly after 90 days
GeoConex® Corporation has been serving the public safety industry since 2001. GeoConex® is a leading integrator of Public Safety and Homeland Security systems. GeoConex® provides comprehensive and integrated services to government agencies in US municipalities, counties, and states.
GeoConex's 911 integrated technology was planned by a talented team that represents over 100 years of combined experience. To provide customized solutions for Public Safety and Homeland Security entities, GeoConex® works with a variety of vendors, software, and hardware solutions to provide each customer with the best solution to fit their needs.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)