Appointment Type: Fulltime Regular
PURPOSE: This position supports research and business efforts by interacting with staff and technical experts through data collection, data maintenance and data verification. This position will assist in conflict of interest verification, verifying participant data as well as assisting with literature searches and reviews, writing articles, as well as some administrative work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Conflict of Interest verification (name, organization, relationships, funding) through verifying email addresses, physical addresses, and telephone numbers to then assist in determining conflicts of interest of subject matter experts to peer review proposals. Understand and apply existing policy and guidance related to reviewer recruitment and conflict of interest.
• Support RRE programs with data verification including updating contact information and some collection and filing of materials related to past and current program participants through email and telephone calls.
• Maintenance of SharePoint data including contact information, reviewer areas of expertise, and like fields plus data cleaning as set through existing SharePoint job aids.
• Write articles for internal and external audiences including promotional materials, signage, newsletters, SAWD TV, etc.
• Assist in compilation of literature searches and literature reviews. Conduct literature research and compile information in support of RRE projects, programs management, and program development.
• Assist in research requested by customers including basic reference requests such as identifying conferences to attend, networks to monitor, etc.
• Quality control checks to work products by using existing check lists to verify that all items are accounted for and are error free including redaction of PII from CVs
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in business, scientific, technical, education or related field and 0-2 years of job related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience performing duties as described may be substituted for the minimum requirements. Preferred: Experience in working with multiple teams across multiple types of projects, past work performance in a fast paced environment, experience in searching web-based databases, experience in writing articles, data collection and verification experience, and 1 year of office experience. Excellent personal and work flow organizational skills. Ability to use web-based tools including subscription databases to assist in literature searching and retrieval. Ability to work at a fast temp for extended periods. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Writing and editing skills and experience are strongly desired.
Location/Region: Oak Ridge, TN