“First impression of the practice”
The receptionist has the crucial job of making everyone feel welcome in person and on the phone. They utilize our practice management system to schedule patients, gather data at patient check in, and record fees and payments upon check out. Some administrative duties include processing recalls, sending statements, and reconciling insurance and patient payments. Experience with a medical database is very helpful and a pleasant demeanor while balancing multiple tasks is a requirement.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Volunteer Eyecare is a locally owned and operated eye care practice serving Knoxville, Tennessee and the surrounding communities since 2002.
Location/Region: Maryville, TN (US)