Position Summary — Purpose of the Job
The Web Developer is responsible for developing new Web applications and enhancing existing web
applications that promote effective information transfer between business systems. The Web Developer
II is also responsible for identifying and implementing methods of preventing technical problems that
could cause disruption to business activities and performing systems and business function analysis in
support of business areas. The Web Developer II implements and maintains the smooth operation and
physical design of databases, conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general, and
reviews database designs and the integration of systems; provides backup recovery and makes
recommendations regarding enhancements or improvements; and maintains security and integrity
1. Performs all tasks associated with development of static web pages including customer liaison,
requirements documentation, design, construction, and maintenance.
2. Performs tasks associated with web-enabled database application development and maintenance
including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, and maintenance.
3. Operates and maintains existing web oriented resources, including ITS and SQL Server 2000
servers, and related database applications and internet services.
4. Establishes system configurations, tunes systems for maximum performance, coordinates repair
and maintenance activities for assigned resources and responds to user trouble calls and system
5. Develops and conducts tests to demonstrate system performance and conformance with
Education, Training, and Other Qualifications
Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field from an accredited
college or university. Work Experience will considered in lieu of a Degree.
At least three years relevant experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
2. Good user interface design skills.
3. Experience in PHP, Ruby on Rails or Java.
4. Word Press
6. Excellent verbal, written, and public relations skills are required.
7. Ability to work collaboratively.
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Applicant selected will be a U.S. citizen and subject to a government background investigation and must be able to obtain a DOE clearance.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.