Best-One Tire & Service is looking for a Retread Technician to join our growing team!
You will perform retreading functions for light and medium truck, bus, and specialty tires. This position functions in a manufacturing environment at a Bandag retread tire facility where commercial truck tires are retreaded through a series of manual and automated processes. This position operates in an indoor environment, however, exposure to heat is to be expected in the summer months. Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
- Inspecting and buffing tires for retreading
- Applying rubber compounds to retread the tire
- Curing retreaded tires
- Quality control of finished product
- Other duties requested by management
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be goal oriented and able to consistently meet quality and production requirements.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Some shift work and/or Saturdays may be required.
- Previous manufacturing experience is strongly preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test.
**Compensation will be based on experience.
Best-One Tire & Service was founded in 1948 when Paul Zurcher went into business in Monroe, IN with a $300 loan funded through the GI Bill. Over the past 70 years, what started out as a single bay service station, has grown into over 250 locations in 26 states.
Paul made a successful business model by simply investing in others. Throughout the years, the Zurcher Family has continued to invest in dreams by forming partnerships with hundreds of entrepreneurs—each sharing a passion for the tire and service industry.
Though Paul passed away in 2015, the family’s involvement remains strong with three generations of the Zurcher Family. Along with our Executive Leadership Team and our Best-One Partners we all remain committed to “Creating Raving Fans”, and growing the Best-One influence in the retread, commercial, OTR, and consumer tire divisions.
The heart of Best-One could best be defined by Paul’s passion and love for people, along with creating opportunities for entrepreneurial success and growth. Corporately, we remain committed to honoring Paul’s core values, building strong relationships with our partners and suppliers, and creating new opportunities for those who join our Best-One family.
As the excitement for the brand continues to grow, we are fortunate to work alongside our Best-One partners each day, striving to Create Raving Fans out of every customer and team member our locations reach. Best-One remains committed to the legacy of love, learning, and entrepreneurial success that distinguishes our group from others in the industry.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)