Oversees daily housekeeping operations within corporate and resort guidelines to ensure quality standards and total guest satisfaction.
- Supervise and motivate all housekeeping supervisors with daily supervision to include staffing, training, discipline, scheduling, and visually monitoring performance to all service and productivity standards to provide guest satisfaction
- Assign duties in supervisors building areas, examine and inspect for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Complete assigned projects and keep written track of progress
- Communicate with guests and supervisors both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing details of work; organize, conduct and/or attend meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards which may be established by Westgate Resorts from time to time is essential to the successful performance of this position
- Recruits, hires, trains and provides career development for housekeeping staff; conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback for team members
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction
- Displays a professional image at all times through appearance and dress
- Follows company philosophies, policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates
- Conducts training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines
- Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise entry level personnel in the Housekeeping Department
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years verifiable Housekeeping manager or supervisor experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Must have the ability to train supervisors, resolve conflicts, plan and delegate responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The team member is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The team member is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The team member is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa
Adjacent to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the most-visited national park in the country, Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, provides refreshing mountain breezes and spectacular views of the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains. As a member of the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort team, you will meet and engage with guests who have arrived to enjoy all the Great Smoky Mountains have to offer and help them experience our world-class amenities such as the state-of-the-art Wild Bear Falls indoor/outdoor water park, world-class Serenity Spa by Westgate, two heated outdoor pools (seasonal) and two hot tubs. Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa also features several onsite dining options such as the award-winning Westgate Smokehouse Grill, Mason Jar Lounge, Roaring Fork Snack Bar, 24-hour Marketplace and Smoky Mountain Ice Cream Shop.
As an innovative and dynamic company, Westgate Resorts promotes a positive and fulfilling work environment by investing in our employees in many different ways. By providing a multitude of outstanding benefits, discounts, development opportunities and support, we are partners in making your career with Westgate Resorts a rewarding experience.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
-Health and Welfare
-Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
-401k Retirement Plan
-Bank at WorkÂÂ® and CashPayÂÂ® programs ÂÂ®
-Time off: Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holiday, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Military Leave
-Direct Deposit of Paycheck
-Resort Reservation and Travel Discounts
-Barter Discount Program and other Perks
-Fun Work Environment
-David's Dollars Foundation