DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products, LLC is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to implement a comprehensive and robust Quality Management System and drive the Operational Excellence program for production of 1,3 propanediol in our manufacturing facility in Loudon, TN. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5E5p4VkIqc
The Quality Manager will put policies in place, develop objectives to be met, provide tools and education to strengthen the organization, collaborate with other functional areas of the company, and lead the execution to ensure appropriate quality processes are in effect to meet customer needs and regulatory requirements.
Key placement factors:
- Experience with analytical separation technologies (GC, HPLC), elemental analysis by ICPMS, and FTIR for inprocess and final product samples.
- Experience with statistical process control approaches for assessing performance of analytical equipment, and training certifications in Six Sigma methodology.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and direct a quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products to meet established standards. This includes the development and analysis of statistical data, and the use of Six Sigma methodology to assess performance of quality systems.
- Experience in formulating and maintaining quality control objectives and ability to coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with chemical engineers in the manufacturing facility.
- Experience with directing engineers and process technicians engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Ability to plan, promote, and organize training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Experience with investigating internal and customer complaints regarding quality, and working with a product management team to successfully resolve product quality issues.
- Physical ability to lift 40 pounds, to work at heights and to climb stairs in process areas located 100 feet above ground level.
Requirements and Education:
- 8-10 years' experience prior experience managing a Quality team in the chemical industry, putting a Quality Management System in place, driving a Six Sigma/Lean/CI culture, building an effective Quality organization, and initiating education and training programs to complement QC, manufacturing, and/or regulatory systems.
- 4-year degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related discipline
Tate & Lyle is a global provider of distinctive, high quality ingredients and solutions to the food, beverage and other industries. Through our large-scale, efficient manufacturing plants, we use innovative technology to turn raw materials into distinctive, high quality ingredients for our customers. These ingredients add taste, texture, nutrition and increased functionality to products that millions of people around the world use or consume every day. www.tateandlyle.com/
Location/Region: Loudon, TN (US)