Concrete Polishing Technologies is a leading innovator in the flooring industry specializing in polished concrete. We provide nationwide, quality flooring services to architects, facility owners, engineers, and general contractors.
Under direct supervision of the Director of Business Support, the HR Manager maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices as well as ensuring an enjoyable and safe workplace for everyone. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Planning, implementation and coordination of recruitment efforts
- Responsible for onboarding new employees
- Supports our leadership team in managing employee relations
- Manage payroll (responsible for the accuracy of weekly payroll).
- Maintains and responsible for the accuracy of HR system. (child support, garnishment, deductions, ect.)
- Responsible for employee benefits administration including negotiation with providers.
- Conducts open enrollment and other company wide meetings for employees.
- Update current job descriptions.
- Examine workplace conditions to make sure they conform to applicable OSHA standards.
- Monitors workers compensation cases, accidents, ect.
- Manages, communicates and continually updates policies and procedures to reflect our culture and commitment to safety
- Other tasks as assigned
Requirements & Skills
- Excellent customer service skills (patience, calm manner, ability to explain concepts and solutions)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize appropriately
- 3 to 6 years previous experience
- Strong knowledge of Human Resource regulations and standards
- Back Ground Check & Drug Testing Required
- Knowledge in Employment Law
- Knowledge in OSHA Federal Compliance
- Three to five years of similar or related experience.
- High School degree plus equivalent years of experience to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Able to handle confidential information professionally.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations and persons in a positive and professional manner.
Competitive compensation based upon experience.
Sick, Vacation and Bereavement leave, paid holidays, Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical, Dental, Vision insurance plans if elected as well as additional supplemental plans such as Life Insurance and short-term disability benefits through Union at an additional cost to you. Also, after 6 months of continuous service (January through June or July through December); you will be eligible to enroll in the company 401k plan.