Full Time (40hrs per week)
Summary: Assisting all Regions consulting with PSC for patient related problems to resolve and maintain the best patient care while utilizing a team based model.
Responsibilities: include the following
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist and finalize “Safety Net” applications along with maintaining ongoing tracking by updating insurance information in Nextgen system.
- Maintain weekly self-pay list and record responses from each satellite office as it is reported when PSC is not available.
- Prep “Safety Net Reviews” to include: monthly income, family size, updated ICD-10 codes and CoverRX forms. Fax updated information to the state for renewal.
- Assist PSC with completing Behavioral Health Safety Net Application Activity Report. Email monthly reports to appropriate executive staff.
- Compiling information for Safety Net Program, TennCare, Pharmacy Assistance Program and Medicare Part D.
- Attend training meetings; participate in State program conference calls and report information back to each Region. Consulting with PSC on these matters.
- Train new employees on the Safety Net Program.
- Troubleshoot insurance, support staff training, computer training, patient assistance and other problems as they occur. Consulting with PSC on these matters.
- Install and maintain TN Anytime Program and Behavioral Health Safety Net Programs for new employees and current staff in all Regions.
- Work closely with TN Dept of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services and the Bureau of TennCare to stay current on all changes and vital information needed to assist the patients.
- Troubleshoot problems with Business Services and AR department as requested by PSC.
- Travel may be required.
- Special assignments as requested by PSC and CSO.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement Activities (CQI) as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent required. At least 1 year healthcare experience. Knowledge of Behavioral Health, TNCare, Medicare insurance.
- Communication Skills: Must possess the ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally with clients, coworkers and members of management.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Nextgen software, Electronic Medical Records software and Spreadsheet design software.
CHS is an EEO Employer
Cherokee Health Systems is committed to ensuring every Tennessean has access to effective, high-quality care. We don’t think anything should stop someone from getting the care they need, and that’s why we make our services available to anyone who needs them.
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US)