Full time position based in Knox County and will work under the direction of the Agency’s Executive Director. This is very responsible financial, systems analysis and administrative work involving the audit and analysis of operating structures and systems for the programs administered by the agency. Requires extensive experience in performing internal auditing procedures, extensive knowledge of auditing and risk management analysis including applicable accounting standards (GAAP, GAAS, GASB, OMS circulars & Sarbanes/Oxley Controls).
Starting salary range: $55,000 annually
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Objectively review the organization’s business processes.
- Confirm whether the goals and objectives of the organization are being met.
- Analyzing the organizations policies, processes, and procedures.
- Conduct special studies as assigned by management.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the current internal controls.
- Make recommendations on how to improve/enhance internal controls and governance processes.
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization’s assets.
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statues.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a B.A. (B.S.) Degree in accounting, financial management, or closely related field (CPA and/or CIA preferred)and 2-5 years of internal audit; extensive experience in corporate, governmental and/or non-profit accounting and computerized accounting systems; extensive knowledge of internal auditing and risk management methods and procedures, excellent organizational, interpersonal and decision making skills; dedicated attention to detail; ability to deal with complex and detailed information in an accurate and thorough manner; or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience to provide the following knowledge, abilities and skills.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- 5 day work week.
- Competitive Benefit package:
o 403(b) Retirement
o Annual/Sick leave
o Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
Location/Region: Knoxville, TN (US - 37923)